Occasionally we might edit this Policy so please check back regularly and contact us if you are dissatisfied with any changes made. Please send questions or complaints to email@example.com or via our contact page.
- Who are we?
We are Complete Electricians. An electrical company operating in Taunton and Somerset and in some cases further afield in the UK.
- How do we collect information from you?
We collect and use information about you when you contact us about our services and/or use this website.
- What information do we collect & how is it used?
We collect information to enable us to fulfil our obligations to our clients, respond to enquiries, and for other internal marketing purposes (e.g. conversion tracking on Google Analytics).
- Controlling your information
You have rights on the information we hold about you as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Use of ‘cookies’
Complete Electricians takes our website visitor and customer security seriously. Our internal Data Security Policy details the steps we take to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Data Breaches
Our Data Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, Complete Electricians will quickly alert you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
Would you like to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal information? You can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter in detail. If you are not satisfied with our response you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
1. WHO ARE WE?
We are Complete Electricians. An electrical company providing electrical services across Taunton, Somerset, South West England and the UK.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you when you contact us to enquire about our services. We also collect data through Google Analytics, Adwords and our phone call tracking system to help us improve our services and marketing communications.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT & HOW IS IT USED?
We collect information to enable us to fulfil our obligations to our clients, and to respond to business enquiries. We also collect and use information to improve our services and conduct our own internal online marketing for individuals who have expressed interest in our service (e.g. Google Analytics). The information in section 3.3 outlines exactly what information we collect, and for what purpose.
3.0. Sensitive Data
We do not gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
3.1. Children’s information
Our services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
3.2. Third Parties
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We also use a number of 3rd party services to help us fulfil our contractual obligations. These 3rd party services are listed in full below; we have verified that these 3rd party services are GDPR compliant (or are working towards GDPR compliance), and are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (or are working towards certification) where these organisations are based outside of the EU. Although we would like to state that we are not in control or responsible of any changing Privacy Policies with our 3rd party services since time of writing our own Policy on this page.
The following details outlines the personal data we collect and for what purpose. The information also outlines the 3rd parties the data is processed by or shared with, and how long the data is stored for:
- Email & Invoicing – we use 3rd parties for email communication and invoicing our clients. This allows initial and ongoing communication to prospects, clients, suppliers, etc. in order to provide the level of service we strive to achieve for our clients. Email data will be retained until a clear request has been made for deletion. Invoicing data will be stored indefinitely, for ongoing invoicing and accounting records. Please contact us if you would like us to disclose the 3rd parties we use for email and invoicing.
- Analytics – we use 3rd parties to track and analyse our website visitors behaviour. This enables us to provide better marketing materials to our users and further improve our services. We use Google Analytics and you can request for the removal of your data at any time. Your data collected via Google Analytics may also be used for the purposes of retargeting on other 3rd party platforms such as Facebook.
- Call Tracking – we use a 3rd party provider who provide us with tracking numbers. This enables us to identify where a website visitor found our website and when they called (i.e. Google Ads vs SEO). We collect and store the phone number you used to call our company and the duration of the call. We do not collect your location data. We do not record our telephone conversions. You can request any of this data to be removed at any time by contacting us directly. This data is not shared with any other 3rd party and we take the security and privacy of your contact details very seriously.
- Reviews System – we use a 3rd party to manage, collect and respond to our customer reviews. This includes an App on our staff devices which is handed to a customer at the end of a job, they then write a review (without having to sign in), and this review is then populated on our website reviews page. We collect your first name, last name and email address and store these details inside our reviews platform in order to keep track of customers we have served, and where we can improve our services for our customers. For example, if we receive a low rating we can contact the customer to see where we went wrong. This information can be removed at any time by contacting our team directly via email or one of the methods on our contact page.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. Want to exercise these rights? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your email address in the first instance. From here we can then discuss your concerns and work quickly to find a solution that satisfies your request.
4.0. Requesting a copy of your information
You may request a copy of any data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide information containing the personal data we hold on record about you.
4.1. Updating or correcting your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us so we may correct our records.
4.2. Deleting your information
You have the right to request the deletion for any of your personal information. Unless there is a compelling reason for the data not to be erased (for example, if we need to use that data to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations), your personal data will be deleted on request.
4.3. Automated decision making
We do not use any personal information for automated decision making or profiling; your data is not subject to automated decision making or profiling.
5. USE OF ‘COOKIES’
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible.
By using and browsing the Complete Electricians website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this Policy.
If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies should not noticeably restrict your use of this website.
Complete Electricians take security very seriously. In order to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These steps include the following:
- Data minimisation
- Password best practice
- Security best practice concerning devices (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), online accounts, website hosting, physical access and storage
- Staff training and accountability on data protection
7. DATA BREACHES
Our Data Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, Complete Electricians will promptly notify you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
If you wish raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).