Consumer Units Taunton & Somerset
Also Known As Fuse Boxes or Fuse Boards
Here at Complete Electricians we can upgrade, replace and install consumer units Taunton and Somerset for both residential and commercial customers. Our electricians will always make sure that your consumer unit is safe, secure and meets the latest electrical standards and building regulations.
Consumer units, also known as fuse boxes or fuse boards, are the most important part of any electrical installation. They contain overcurrent protective technology which help to prevent fires or electrocution – this it vital for preventing electrical shocks that could lead to severe injury or even fatality.
Before any installation, replacement or repair of an existing consumer unit our team will test your existing electrical wiring to check it’s up-to-date with latest standards. From here we can issue an electrical safety certificate for your own reference and then start installing the new consumer unit.
Once completed, we will issue a full installation certificate alongside notifying your local authority (Part P) and issue our full workmanship guarantee. Schedule a call below or ring us directly to request a free quote and consultation.
Need to replace or repair your consumer unit? Book a call today!
Our Consumer Unit Services
Consumer Unit Upgrades & Replacement
Our team of electricians are able to provide full consumer unit upgrades and replacements to completely renew your existing system. Electrical safety and installation certificates will be issued. Transparent pricing with a full breakdown of costs given.
Consumer Unit Repair
Does your electrical circuit keep tripping? This could be a sign that you need your consumer unit repaired. We offer an affordable and reliable service to ensure your electric is back to normal as quickly as possible.
Why Should You Choose Us?
- Full workmanship guarantees are provided for all consumer unit upgrades and replacements undertaken by our team.
- Over 10 years experience in the industry working for both residential homeowners and commercial clients.
- Fully certified by STROMA & ECS to showcase that our electricians work safely and to the highest of standards.
- Trustmark endorsed to prove that our consumer unit specialists operate at Government endorsed quality.
- Electrical Registered Competent Persons
- Utmost care is taken to avoid damage to your property, existing walls, decor, flooring, etc. We always clean and tidy at the end of every job and will do everything we can to limit disruption.
- FAIR & TRANSPARENT PRICING – free quotes and consultation are always given regardless of the type or size of job.
- We are a local and based in Taunton which gives us great access to all areas in Somerset and South West England.
When To Replace A Fuse Box / Consumer Unit?
Current regulations state to ensure residual current device (RCD) protection is included within all electrical installations. This works by making sure the device trips and cuts power if a fault occurs.
Warning signs you might need to replace your consumer unit:
- Unit has no RCD (residual current device) – this is a lifesaving device to prevent a serious injury or fatal electric shock.
- Unit is outdated or does not comply with latest regulation.
- Unit is made out of wood, has cast iron switches, black cabling, no labelling or signs of wiring discolouration.
- Unit has rewired fuses that contain fuse wire, old cable colours or aluminium wiring anywhere throughout your home.
- Faults raised after safety inspection
When to have your consumer unit inspected:
- If you have purchased a new property
- If you are renting out a property
- If you are considering home/business insurance
- If you have not had an electrical inspection in the last decade
Consumer Unit Replacements In Taunton & Somerset
Looking To Replace or Repair Your Consumer Unit?
Complete Electricians is a highly recommended & certified electrical company in Taunton and Somerset providing all aspects of residential and commercial electrical services.